community

• Don’t Homeschool! You can’t shelter your children!

A article worth reading if you are worried about the whole socialization aspect of homeschooling.Click here. Share This:

• Orphanage Visit

Orphanage Visit

It has always been a dream of mine to visit and help out in an orphanage.  Alhamdulilah we had an opportunity to visit one here in Malaysia at the beginning of Ramadan.  Mashallah it was a very well kept and […]

• Kidzania

Kidzania

While the cousins were visiting from Canada we went to a place called Kidzania.  Mashallah it was a really neat place and the kids really enjoyed themselves.  Its basically a mini kid sized city where the kids get jobs, make […]

• Syria Part III

Yesterday we attended an event about the Syrian Revolution.  Mashallah it was a good event with four different speakers raising awareness of what is happening there.  Both my husband and I went so that we could rotate taking turns watching […]

• Syria cont’d

Syria cont’d

Yesterday Baba went to the dollar store to get money rolls for all the money that Yusuf has collected.  This morning after breakfast the four of us (Ibby too!) sat down, sorted, counted and rolled all the change.  [We could […]

• Syria

Syria

Last year when there was a major drought in East Africa, Yusuf picked up on it.  He heard people talking about it at gatherings and saw fundraising flyers being handed out at the mesjid.  I could tell it really affected […]

• Family Roadtrip to Ottawa

Family Roadtrip to Ottawa

Alhamdulillah last weekend we enjoyed our family road trip to Ottawa for the AlKauthar conference.  Mashallah we had a lot of fun and Im really glad we went. What I packed in their backpacks.  CD books, books, stickers, paper, a […]

• Quran Competition

Quran Competition

Yusuf recently participated in MAC’s Quran Competition.  He read surah Ma’un and mashaAllah did well.  They held an awards ceremony for the participants and families.  Yusuf got an award, certificate and lego toy gift set. Share This:

• Movie Night

Movie Night

Alhamdulillah we are very blessed to be apart of something called the Madinah Centre, which is a part of Mercy Mission.  This is where my husband works.  Though it takes up alot of his time and energy, it is definatly […]

• Im really excited for.,………..

Im really excited for.,………..

Being ME is a women’s only conference organized by Mercy Mission Canada. This year’s theme is Muslimah Empowered. Now the question arises, what is empowerment?  Empowerment is the ability to succeed regardless of how undesirable your circumstances may be. It’s […]